Total Pageviews

Monday, August 22, 2016

Life sucks.

Right now I am going through one of the worst down periods of my life. Unceremoniously, my wife announced that she wanted a divorce.  This was in late June. I was stunned and still am. I understand her reasons, I suppose but they aren’t the kinds of things one usually associates with divorce like abuse, infidelity and all that crap. To me these reasons are hardly grounds for divorce but what can I do? I can only hold tight and keep taking care of my kids like I have always done.

Personally, I have never even contemplated divorce in any meaningful way. Despite being a sarcastic asshole I do believe in the religious principles of marriage.  I don’t fault anyone for getting a divorce. Shit does happen. I took those vows to heart; maybe I failed to be a better man or failed to hear what her needs were. It seems that years of resentments have piled up and simply overwhelmed her. All these details from the past but once again nothing all that earth shattering. With 5 children I don’t what to do. She doesn’t want to reconcile but we have no real plan for what life after divorce would look like.

If you’ve been through this you understanding the gut wrenching pain, the fear and the uncertainty of it all. And then there are the kids. Good lord, I stay up nights think about this. For their sake I need to do something but nothing seems to help.
For weeks now I have wondered if my return to the drink has somehow propelled this. When I asked, the answer was no and it makes sense I guess.  I really haven’t pulled any nonsense. I don’t drink and drive and I still go to work. I’m not in a blackout of something.  I don’t have any idea what might be going on with her. She seems like a different person, like someone possessed by something awful, just filled with hatred.

I feel like I need to do something but what? Any attempt to reconcile or apologize only makes matters worse. To say that I feel like a failure is an understatement.  To say that I’m confused doesn’t even come close. Everything just seems out of my control right now. I’m on the ropes, simply covering up and praying that the round ends with me still on my feet.

This weekend I got away with my oldest son to visit some friends at their campground. I have been trying to act as if life was normal by doing normal things but it’s not really working. People say the psychic pain is palpable.  I’m trying but I just can’t mask it. I tried throwing back a six pack and a few shots to numb the pain but it didn’t work. It only made the next day that much worse.

As bad as this is, I have been through much worse in my life. Getting kicked around and shit on just seems part of the human condition. And let’s face it, my problems are high end compared to some people in the world. Still, it hurts. When you’re knee deep in your own shit it’s all relative. I work with two people that both lost children in tragic and unnecessary deaths.  I can’t imagine that pain and hope I never have to experience it.

Having said all this shit, I still feel the need to do something proactive.  So I have decided to really clean up my act in terms of diet and training. For now the booze and other stuff is out. I’m going to be busting my ass in the gym. Two workouts a day if necessary, even brief ones. I want to go to bed at 9 exhausted.  I want to pour my energy into my kids even more. I want to reestablish myself with God.  I haven’t been living an awful life but I’m not living a good one either. I feel defective, dirty and defeated.

Throughout my life I have had some serious challenges, like many of you have. This might be another opportunity to reinvent myself, to start a fresh new chapter in this life. I have no idea where this will all go. I feel so out of control I just need to find something I can exercise some control over and that’s me. My doctor told me to start writing again in a journal but fuck journals. I don’t really like to journal but I do like to write here. I realize it lacks a certain amount of discretion but I’m not divulging any details about anyone but me and how I am feeling at the moment.  Most people I know don’t even know I have this blog.

My depression is in check. I’m still following proper protocol and will continue to do so. I have a great team looking out for my emotional, psychological, spiritual and physical health. I am blessed to have such good people in my life.  Now I need to take care of myself.





14 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry to hear this. I've been reading here for years but I never comment. I'm a woman and this sounds like menopause to me. It's such a bitch!

      It takes two to make a marriage work but only one to rip it apart.

      I wish you strength in all of this.

      You're kids will be allright in the end. I had this happen almost 20 years ago and was terrified that my kids would become a 'statistic" but they are not They are wonderful and stable.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    3. Thanks. Nice to see at least one woman read this blog. Sadly she won't even entertain the idea that this could be medical.

      Delete
  2. Blackthorn D. StickAugust 22, 2016 at 7:08 PM

    This is why Men's Rights Activists have to exist.

    Modern society is structured to allow evil psychotic women to destroy their husband's and son's lives.

    Hit me up over at blog if you want to discuss things "man to man".....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAA!! Biegecock's an MRA!! I knew it, I really knew it HAHAH

      Delete
    2. Who is gayer, MRA's or MGTOWS?

      Delete
  3. The same thing happened to me in January this year. Like you, no infidelity or abuse of any kind. Just said she wanted to separate, but with no reasons given., though I believe menopause is a factor. Won't go to counselling, won't discuss. 25 years gone!
    Anguish is indescribable. Friends, relatives and acquaintances are all bewildered by this.

    Step back from this and detach as best you can. She may come round, but don't count on it, and at this stage you can't influence her except to drive her further away. Give her some time to live with her decision. Keep doing what you're doing to help yourself. Booze is not your friend at the moment.

    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You nailed it. Anguish and bewildered friends and family.

      Delete
  4. Rant, if you were a dot head, you could set your wife on fire, and pretty much get away with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, Rant. Sometimes I wish my wife wanted to get divorced, but I know in reality that would suck even more than being married, plus not seeing my kids every day would break my heart, as much as they fucking drive me crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your wife would benefit from hormone replacement therapy, at a wellness/aging clinic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't know if this will help or not, or if you will read it, but here goes.

    Once, when I was body surfing, I misjudged a wave and went "over the top". That means you literally fall out of the top of the wave, into the trough in front of it -- and the wave comes down on top of you.

    So there I was, pinned flat to the bottom of the ocean, with literally tons of water pressing down on me. It felt like the hand of god, it was so strong and pervasive in its strength. As I started to panic, I thought to myself "the wave is moving, it will eventually pass me by". And so it did, and I popped back up to the surface.

    Your wave is moving too, and it will eventually pass you by too.

    ReplyDelete